Fairfield Digital Library
Help & Instructions
An active Fairfield Public Library card is required.
Download free ebooks and audiobooks to your device
with your Fairfield Public Library card!
Powered by Overdrive
Download free ebooks and audiobooks to your device now, from our library!
Is your device listed? Check here.
Need help getting started? See our guides (downloadable pdf):
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How many items can I have checked out? 10
- How long is the loan period? The Overdrive system defaults to a 14 day loan period, but you can change it to 7 days during checkout.
- Can I renew my ebooks? No, but you can check them out as many times as you like.
- Can I return an eBook early? Yes. Kindle users: go to Amazon.com, select Your Account, Log in, and view your library loans. There is an action button for each item and one of the choices is to return the item early. Overdrive Media Console App users: open the Overdrive Media Console app on your device, find the book on your bookshelf, and tap the "+" to the right of the book to select "Return/Delete".
- I received an email that my ebook hold is ready to be checked out. How do I do that? Go to the Fairfield Digital Library, sign in to "My Digital Account," select "My Holds" and check out the ebook that is on hold for you. You have 72 hours to complete the checkout after you receive the email notice.
- Can I see where I am on a waiting list? Yes. Go to "My Holds" in "My Digital Account" to see where you are on a waiting list.
- Why are some of my favorite authors and titles not available through the Fairfield Digital Library? You may request a title by clicking the "Suggest a title" button on the left column of the Digital Library main page. Please note that some publishers and distributors are restricting library access to ebooks, either by not offering them for sale to libraries or by pricing the ebooks at prohibitive prices that are often double or triple the cost of print copies. For more information, see the Nov 2012 article in American Libraries, the publication of the American Library Association.
Still need help?